HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Japanese Writing Systems...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cha0ticMusic

PostSubject: The Japanese Writing Systems...   Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:35 am

Hiragana, it's mostly used for words that you don't know in Kanji, grammatical parts, and words that are never really seen in the Kanji language..
It was developed from Man'yogana, which is basically a very old writing system that used Chinese characters for Japanese language, apparently in those old days, when Hiragana was really new, it wasn't liked among the Japanese men, but it did grow popular with the girls, since as history always says all over the world, men were sexist against women! So what I mean by that is they basically threw the hiragana language onto the women, since they had different education level.
Later on the males thought, oh hey it isn't all that bad! So authors mostly started using them because it gives out a smooth style I guess you can say...Either way point being Hiragana has now become very popular, and is required in school..
Now as you look at the chart below that is what Hiragana looks like:

anyways it's pretty straight forward, but keep in mind you read it down, so it goes:A,I,U,E,O, ect...Also The letter R, sounds like an L, so when your saying "Re" it really means "Le"....
On another note in the Natural Japanese system there is no "Ti," "Tu," or "Hu" sounds, they are actually: "Chi," "Tsu," and "Fu", and as you can also see there is no "Yi," "Ye," "Wi," "Wu," or "We" sounds in natural Japanese either, Also out of that whole Hiragana you see there, "N" is the only sound in the Japanese Language that ends with/on(something like that) a consonant!
Anyways, Hope that seem easy to learn, I wonder if I rushed it a bit there! o-(>w<Wink-o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/LunarMoonAngel
mirainohibiki

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Writing Systems...   Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:01 am

I wouldn't equate the Japanese "R" sound to an "L"... it's pretty close to a Spanish "R", only further back on the roof of the mouth where it starts to slope. But yeah, good description of the Hiragana alphabet.

I also notice that ん is pronounced a lot like an "ng" sound. So if you say it like an "ng" and think "N", you'll be just about right on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaojhia

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Writing Systems...   Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:49 am

Then there are the hiragana that no one uses as much

Ye, Wu, and such.

Care to explain?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rsutanto

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Writing Systems...   Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:25 am

katakana is mostly used for more modern words that they didnt really have before and is more commonly used for people's names.

i want to learn more kanji please help me learn more somehow...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cha0ticMusic

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Writing Systems...   Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:31 am

Are you asking him, or Andy?
I think the reason why Wu, Yi, and other stuff like that
arn't in the um..Modern Japanese is because there is
no real actual R or I sound in Japanese, so that's what I think
I could be completely wrong lol.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cha0ticMusic

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Writing Systems...   Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:48 am

Oh, Also if it's okay to add Katakana is like a Phonetic(Meaning a different way to spell the language, I think...) Alphabet. These Characters are actually just taking a portion of the writing system Kanji. It's also mostly used to say foreign words. Funny thing is this language is more easier to use for the Foreign people, but it's a bit harder for the Japanese people only from what I've heard because they often hear a differnt meaning to it! (good example is Detective Conana, when this girl killed herself because the twins told her that the foreign dude who liked her, and he liked her back actually said to die, when in reality since he was speaking Katakana like, he really meant that she's shining or something like that! lol) silent
Back to top Go down
Rsutanto

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Writing Systems...   Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:40 am

i am asking anyone if they have an effective way of learning kanji
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mirainohibiki

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Writing Systems...   Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 pm

Well, you're probably going to have to learn a lot of kanji by memory to start with. A good set of kanji to make sure you know can be found at http://thejapanesepage.com/node/kanji/kanji4.htm
You can navigate thejapanesepage.com to get to the 3-Kyuu and up pages and learn even more.
Then you have to read a lot of stuff in Japanese just to practice the kanji you know. And try to write them a lot...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaojhia

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Writing Systems...   Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Repitition always helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaojhia

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Writing Systems...   Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Or, also associating pictures with kanji sometimes help. Not always, but sometimes.

Kinda like the Kanji for forest [mori]

木 ---> 森
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese Writing Systems...   

Back to top Go down

The Japanese Writing Systems...
Page 1 of 1